9.22.2007

Manhattan New York Temple


Scott and I decided to go to the Temple. The plan was that I would pick Scott up from work at about 5:30 p.m. we would drive into the city, meet up with some friends for some famous New York style pizza at a fun hole in the wall joint. Then we would go to the temple.
Sadly, the plan was flawed from the beginning. The babysitter misunderstood me and didn't come till about 5:40... no big deal we will just cut dinner out of the plans. Enters, traffic. So things are slow, that is fine if all else fails we can just get into the 8:30 session instead of the 7:17 one. And then... I get lost.
By some miracle I am lost driving all over and I turn a corner. There on the corner of the street is... Scott?!? Yep, talk about blessings. So... I pull over and he jumps in and we take off for the temple. By this time it is about 6:50. And then our long time friend enters the picture again. We hit more traffic that just seemed to get worse as the night proceeded.
We finally got to the temple at about 8:45. We went in side and just sat for a while to enjoy the quiet peace nestled away from the rest of the city. It was wonderful to go inside and see how beautiful it is. After that we went home and went to sleep.
So, next time we will plan a little better. :) And... here is a nice picture of the temple for you to enjoy.

No comments: