1.26.2010

in sickness or in health

I've been sick these past few days. It is some kind of stomach virus that last too long, in my opinion. If I do anything other than lay in bed, I feel horrible. Insert two rowdy boys into this and you can guess what my house looks like.

I think I got it from my dad, but when I'm sick... I'm a total wimp. I just want to cry half the time and other half I sleep.

Well, this morning when I was still laying in bed, in self-pity, Scott decided to stay home and take care of me. All day he's been doing laundry, changing diapers, cleaning the house (that was destroyed under my watch), and supplying me with crackers, soup, and Gatorade. I have literally laid in bed the entire day while he has taken care of everything.

I'm just so thankful for a husband who sticks with me even when I'm sick. Especially since I'm such a baby about it.

Thanks, Babe! You're the best!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hope you get feeling better soon. I didn't know you were sick. Can I help out somehow? Maybe bring by dinner or something. that would be great. I'll talk to you soon

Steph Thomas said...

Yea for great husbands!! Chris is by far a better "nurse" then I ever am. Though I don't like getting sick, he sure takes care of me. Last time when Chris got sick, I was almost resentful at one point because I had to take care of him and everything else and later he said thanks for taking care of me and I burst into tears because I felt so bad for being resentful at one point. I am so glad you have a husband that will stay home and not only take care of you but also put the house in order, keep it there and take care of the boys. What a huge help!! You GO Scott!