Well, we've entered that stage of pregnancy I like to call the waiting game. Things are ready to go, now all we can do is wait. This is also the phase of pregnancy that makes me feel little bit like a walking-time-bomb. I feel like I could go off at any moment. I blame this all on Jeff. He surprised us a month earlier than his due date, so now I'm in this phase a little longer than I think "normal" people. I just never know if I'm going to go early again or not.
I've been feeling GREAT these last few weeks. Since about seven months I've really struggled with sciatica. It has made it very hard to sleep and even walk at times... however, the last two weeks I've been feeling like a new person in that regard. I still have sciatic pain, but it's not to the point that I can't sleep at night.
In fact, the past couple of days I've forgone swimming (the only thing I've been able to do the past four months) and actually worked out a on the elliptical machine and the bike. It has felt great and afterwords, I can still walk! I think it's all because the baby is so low now, that she can't hit my sciatic nerve as much... at least, that's my theory.
We still don't really know if we are having a girl or a boy. We have thought all along that it is a girl... worse morning sickness and stuff like that. However, we have never had that confirmed with an ultrasound. They just can't see enough to tell us one way or another. I'm even less sure now that it's a girl because a friend of mine who had her ultrasound at the same place as me just found out what they said was definitely a girl, is actually a boy.
To be honest, it's kind of fun not really knowing for sure. I feel like when we are in labor, it will be even that much more exciting. Not to mention a little motivating.
Speaking of labor... I'm planning on going natural. If things go as smoothly as they did with Nate, I think it will be doable. I do, however, have a backup plan in place, just in case things are longer and more intense... similar to Jeff's birth. Scott and I have been "practicing" how we will get through contractions. I love to practice, because the book says he has to rub my back for me. :) It's been great. I've discovered that there is no one else I would rather be my coach than my Scotty. He's great. I kind of like him... a lot. :)
That's all for now...
Sadie
4 comments:
the last month of pregnancy nearly killed me with Grace...at least emotionally. Katie was early so I felt like I could have Grace any day and then I would go into an appointment and wouldn't be making any progress. Plus Justin was working far away, and we were moving the same time she was due. It was crazy. GOod luck with going natural. I am way too big of a fan of the epidural to do it any other way.
Confession: I blog stock you. Whew, I feel so much better now that it is out in the open :) I'm excited for your little baby and also to find out if it's a boy or girl (although I'm still certain it's a girl; what happened to me was just craziness!). You're almost there!! :)
I'm so excited for you :).
I hated not knowing the gender of my baby, and I did it on purpose... But I then decided it was quite funny how angry people got at me for not finding out... Craig really loved the surprise so we plan on having it be a surprise every time. I was sure lucy was going to be a boy because my pregnancy was so different from kendell's...my doctor just kept telling me that it was simply a different pregnancy and differences in pregnancies really give no indication about the gender.he was right...we had a girl. And the two of my girls are as different as their pregnancies were.
Post a Comment