3.18.2011

Thoughts on having a girl

Here she is just thinking of what to tell me next!

I know I've mentioned this before, but I am so happy that we have a little girl in the family!

Sure, I love the clothes... LOVE the clothes. She looks so beautiful in pink. But it's more than that. It has more to do with dreaming about the days when we'll sit and talk about girl things. How she'll come home from dates and tell me all about how it went, what they ate, if she thought he was a nice boy or not...

It has more to do with talking than anything else. I love to talk. Most girls love to talk... and most boys, they just don't get it. For any who know my husband, might know that he isn't one to talk and talk and talk. In fact, he actually likes alone time (crazy, I know). He's a trooper, though, and since marrying me has learned to talk more, and has had much less alone time that he would probably like. When I asked him how he felt about it, he said knew new that was something he would have to give up if he married me. :)

So, while I absolutely love to talk to my husband, I wonder if he is secretly just as happy as I am that I'll have someone to talk to... other than him. Don't get me wrong, my boys can talk too, but there's just something about girl-talk that can't be replaced.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Amen, Amen, AMen. I love to talk too and no matter how kind and sensitive a man is, there's nothing like Girl talk. I am so excited for you to have little Gracie.