9.19.2008

Tennis and blah blah blah

So I think my approach to fitness is to spend some time each day doing something. Yesterday it was playing tennis with my landlady. She's not your typical landlady. Her name is Karen. She lives above us with her husband and they don't have any kids of their own. She actually comes down almost every day at about five to take Jeff out to play.... for almost two hours.

Jeff loves it, I love it, and Karen loves it. For her, it is the perfect way to unwind after a long day. For me too.

So, lets get back to the tennis now... I lack tennis skills. Luckily Karen is a crazy athlete (almost went to the Olympics in team handball but the USA didn't go that year for political reasons) and a great teacher. She worked with me on not hitting the ball over the fence at the unsuspecting people walking on the track. I'm happy to report that I almost beat her at one game last night. Out of five, I almost beat her in one. I think we'll try to go once a week so. I'm really excited about it.

So, going back the whole budget thing. I got a cheap racket from K-mart for $13. Add in the three quarters to turn on your lights... I think I just discovered he cheapest date night imaginable. It practically pays for its self in the long run. Sure you have the initial investment for the racket and the balls, but after that you get a $.75 date night.

And, just so ya'll know, I think we will splurge this year for the pumpkins. Oh, and another cool thing. A girl in my ward who live close by (less than 30 minutes unlike everyone else) needs help getting home from volleyball practice. So, (once we get a second car) I will pick her up from practice and she will come watch the boys for an hour while I go run, and then I'll take her home. And this wonderful service is provided by this girl FOR FREE!!! I offered to pay her as per mamabear's insightful comment on my running blog, but she refused. Sheesh, I have all the luck.
I realize I just covered about thirty topics in one post... I'm feeling a little scattered today. :) To add to the randomness, here's a picture of my adorable little brother Brett who gets home from his mission in a month. This was taken on my wedding day... not in my wedding dress.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to learn how to play tennis for the longest time now, but my hubby is a lump on a log and has absolutely no interest in playing. If I were up there with you, I'd play in a heartbeat. OH, and I'm proud to be your official over the miles personal trainer! That cracked me up when you said that on Facebook! I know, I tend to get a little over enthusiastic about exercise. But HEY, there are worse addictions, right?

Christine said...

Good job Sadie on finding creative ways to stay in shape and get the baby weight off--that's awesome!

Also--this pic of you is so cute, you look like you're 16 in it!! OOOh the days.. :)

Jess said...

Oh my goodness!!! Sadie, it looks like there is another Jessica Berry out there....look on your blog list. Do you know both of us? Weird!!!

Mystial Batwoman said...

Sweet! Sounds like you have the perfect setup for some fun recreation time! Your boys are so cute! Enjoy the pumpkins this year ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to send you recipes. you should give me your email address so that I can send some to you. it might be a lengthy comment to try and put a recipe on here. So just send me an email so i can get your email address.
ste04037@byui.edu