11.13.2008

I'm home

Ever since I "grew up" and moved out of my parents house I have always wondered where home is. If I listen to the the cliche saying "Home is where the heart is" I just get confused. I've been thinking about this and wondering just how I decide what to call home.

Is it the place I spent the majority of my life? Is it the place where I spent my childhood. Is it the place where I became an independent person and started making all of my own decisions? Is it the place I like the best? Is it the place where I live now?

I'm sure most of you have been smart enough to figure out where you belong, but I think I just barely figured it out. I've narrowed it down to two possible solutions. Help me choose which it is.

1. Home is where Scott (insert your spouses name) is...
2. Home is where my bed is...

What's your vote?

In either case... I'm finally home from my vacation!

Great things about my vacation: saw lots of family and friends, showed my kids off to people I care about, spent some good times relaxing with Scott and the boys.

Not so great things: I got robbed of my digital camera, portable DVD player and makeup stuff. I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to.

All in all... a great trip!

8 comments:

Jess said...

I would vote for it being where your bed is.....otherwise I am homeless! ;)

Unknown said...

Well, I should hope that where ever your bed is, your husband would be there also! ;) I don't know, I consider myself to have two homes: The one I grew up in with my parents that always feels so good to go back to, and the one I make with my husband. Spencer and I have made a lot of homes together over the past 4 years, and I am excited to say that we are currently buying our first official house together that I can't wait to make our HoMe! I am glad to see that you are back safe and sound and enjoyed seeing your family out west. Too bad about the camera and DVD player!! You'll have to give us more details on how that happened.

mamabear said...

I actually have thought a lot about that question. So many homes and so little time to spend in them. Extended family homes, first homes, school homes, the list is endless but.....When our kids were still in the house -- home was wherever we were - a one bedroom apartment in Germany where all the kids slept on cots in the living room, a motel room, grandmas or our "official" house. Wherever I had the kids and husband around is where I called home. And now "home" is a little more hard to define. It's not a location but a feeling. I feel it whenever there is love, companionship, prayer and peace, and where my heart is.

Olinselot said...

My vote is "home is where Carl is" that is such a pain you lost your camera and dvd player....or had it stole rather. We're glad you made it home safely. love ya.

The Watson's said...

Good definitions Sadie! Both are good, but the first one, wherever my husband is!

Anonymous said...

i agree. home is where justin and Katelyn are.

Ana Lee said...

You are so cute. I'm glad you made it home safe! I hope you guys are having fun entertaining Brettski

Lexi said...

Sadie...holy cow, is that really you? Your family is so cute!! I realize now how much I have missed out on this blogging world and keeping in touch with everyone. I got an email from Christine about her new baby and happened to see your name and wondered if it was really you. Your family is adorable..what cute little boys! I can't believe how fast goes. Anyway, I started a blog so maybe we can keep a little more in touch! Hope all is well with you! Love, Lexi (do you even remember the old PR days?)