5.14.2010

As of late...

We're getting all geared up for our move. We'll be heading to Boulder, CO on the 20th, and we're pretty excited about it... except for one thing...

I get homesick when I leave this place. I got to take a great trip out to Idaho and Utah about a month ago and I had a great time. However, it was on that trip that I realized how homesick I get when I leave Bryan, Texas.

Okay, so yes, Scott was not with me most of the time, and that definitely played into it, but it was more than just Scott. It was that this is HOME.

This is the place where I have a schedule. Not the type of schedule that makes sure I feed my kids and all that (though I do feed my kids) but a schedule that lays out all the fun things I can plan on doing. Its the place I have a list of like 30 people who I could call during the day and say, "hey, I'm going to the park, d'you want to come?" and they would. And then while we were there, we'd see some of our other friends who had the same idea.

It's the place I'm social... which is where I'm comfortable.

I'm sure I'll love Boulder. I'm sure I'll meet some really cool people. I think I might even make a friend... but there will always be facebook and I'll always see what my gals in Bryan are doing and I'll get homesick.

To the Lovely Ladies of Bryan...

Love, Sadie

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Sadie,
I will make sure you stay up to date on fb with all the fun we are having here in Bryan. All the basketball and volleyball that we are playing and missing you:) Just kidding. I will definitely miss you though, just your week and a half of absence was too much for me. It will be sad.

robyncreates said...

First off, found your blog on FB. Hope this is ok? :)

I didn't know that you guys were leaving for the summer. How sad for us, but oh to be out of this heat all summer-yeah for you! We'll be up in ID for a couple weeks is all and it will be hard to come back to this heat in August.

My hubby is doing a triathalon this weekend! His first...he's wanted to do them for years and is psyched to do more this summer and fall too. I would like to do one of the relay ones someday...

Anyway-just thought I'd say hi and good luck if I don't see you before you guys leave. :)

Smiles!