12.15.2010

Yoga and Swimming

Well, over Thanksgiving weekend I decided it was probably time to retire my basketball shoes for a while. I've been struggling with sciatica quite a bit, and it culminated to the point that I was having a hard time even walking... so, I've changed things up a bit. Now, instead of basketball and running, I'm doing yoga and swimming.

I called up a friend and asked her to be my swimming buddy, thus ensuring that I actually go when I plan to go. So far, it has been absolutely wonderful! I feel like swimming is one thing I can actually do without really feeling pregnant. I feel weightless and normal again. I love it! I can actually push myself when I swim without much prego-effect.

So, even though I haven't been able to run the entire pregnancy, I'm happy to report that I'm still staying active... which was my biggest goal when we decided to have another baby.

1 comment:

Jill said...

way to go!!!! staying active while being pregnant is so hard, but I am proud of you! Swimming is nice since it relieves a lot of the pressure.