10.28.2013

Wood working

Thursdays are one of my very favorite days! It's my wood shop day. I have a friend who has a garage full of wood working tools and she's invited me to come each week to work on projects. Usually I do things without my kids (they get to play with my friend's children), but this particular week Jeff and I worked on his rubber band boat for his race at scouts that week. Jeff designed his boat, used the band saw to cut it out, and then painted it. I helped along the way, particularly with cutting out the middle portion to make room for his paddle. It was cool to watch him feel accomplished as he used grown-up tools. We had a great time, and now I've got to find a project that Nate can do with me because he was feeling a little bit left out.


Jeff and I in our awesome glasses. Safety first!


Here's the finished product. 


Jeff's boat didn't win the race, or even finish (most of them don't). But he did get an award for "best workmanship". He was pretty happy about it.

No comments: