Our best attempt at a family picture after Max's Blessing
Life has been a little hectic for us lately. We've been...
- adjusting to a new baby
- trying to sell our condo
- working on a dissertation
- teaching two classes
- consulting people with stats questions
- homeschooling with four kids
- looking for housing in St. Louis this summer (for a family of 6 for 12 weeks, not an easy feat)
- getting ready to move to St. Louis
- meeting with doctors galore (none of us are sick, just all the regular check ups)
Despite all of this "busy work", I think there are more important things going on in our lives. It's the little things that bring me happiness. Here's a few...
- Nate telling Max over and over that he's a "Handsome Fella'"
- Gracie integrating hand expressions into her communication (like a girl, she talks with her hands)
- Jeff surprising me with how he can do a back-flip on the trampoline
- Max smiling at me, even when his tummy hurts because I ate a bowl of ice cream
- Jeff and Nate coming up with myths to bust and designing plans to bust them. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, this is their favorite show
- Gracie learning how to take diapers to the garbage, and being so proud that she is a helper
Sometimes I get caught up in being busy and taking care of logistical things. I'm trying to focus on the small and simple joys in life. Here. And now.