We moved back to Bryan, Texas from St. Louis in August and here we are! Thankfully our condo sold, so we are now renting a cute little house built in the 50s with a backyard. We LOVE having some space and since moving have reached a HUGE goal for our family. We got a dog! We call her Sophie pup. Or just Sophie.
She's older, and sweet, and a little nutty. She spends most of her days stalking squirrels in our back yard. It's a lot of fun to watch her. She's got some pointer in her, so she'll point, slowly crouch, then explodes into a sprint to try to catch the squirrel before it gets into a tree. I haven't seen her be too successful yet, but we did find a dead possum in the far corner of our yard about a month ago, so maybe she's better than I thought.
Having a yard has been wonderful! Last Saturday we spent the whole day in the yard mowing, pruning, raking. I was SO happy! I love working outside! Having a little space to work outdoors has been a great way to unwind.
That leads me to the next little bit of excitement in our family these days. We're growing up and graduating soon! We hope. :) Scott has been interviewing for jobs and finishing up his dissertation. We expect to be moving (quite literally) on with our lives in July or August. It's an exciting time and I find myself looking at houses and property. Our dream is to have about five acres to call our own. We've applied mostly to places that will support that dream, and maybe someday it will become a reality for us. We can hope.
All that said, it will be VERY difficult to leave our home here in Texas. I never thought I would consider Texas home (heck, I never thought I'd walk on Texas soil for that matter) but it really has become our home. When I think about where I fit, it's here. It's not so much Texas itself, but the people we have been able to meet here. Salt of the Earth, good people. Some of the best I've known. I will miss them dearly.
So in a nutshell, life is good.

1 comment:
You need to keep this blog updated so people like me that love and miss you and can what you guys are doing!!!!
I LOVED LOVED LOVED reading your update.
I want a dog, and so do the kids, but Chris grew up with dogs and know how much work they are so he keeps saying no. That is still the kids and I's dream:)
So glad your condo sold and that you were able to find something with a little more space.
How exciting to be graduating and moving on, but nothing is like Bryan, TX. I have felt the same way, never thought I would ever step foot on Texas soil, and now that is the only place I want to move back to. I loved that place. You will never have the same type of ward again, I don't think. There are so many influences that we try to bring into our ward here from our Bryan 1st ward days.
I am sure you guys will have a lot of opportunities and tough decisions as to where to go. We only had one option so there wasn't much to consider with our move:)
Chris - the city boy, is actually wanting us to go out a bit and get some land. Probably not 5 acres, that is a lot I have realized. I just went to a family in our ward and they have 2 acres and it was plenty for what we are wanting. Hopefully in the next couple years we will move somewhere and get some land like you guys....and MAYBE A DOG:)
Post a Comment