1.31.2008

Girls

Baby Girl
Nestled sweetly in your arms,
Is a touch of the Father's love.
A tiny, slumbering baby girl,
Fresh from Heaven above.
Cherish each tender moment,
As you look on her tiny face;
For you're holding a priceless treasure,
Wrapped in ribbons, roses and lace.

Soon, this tiny bundle of pink,
Will grow into a little girl;
With baby dolls and dress up clothes,
And a ballerina twirl.
With a sparkle in her laughing eyes,
She'll steal away our hearts.
What's that?... little boy parts?

We had our ultrasound today, the doctor made the call
and we were surprised to find
that what we had been expecting,
wasn't what we were expecting at all.
But when it is all said and done, we don't mind,
Now we'll have two of the same kind.
(Adapted from a poem by Allison Chambers Coxsey)

I just want everyone to know that I in no way claim to have any poetry skills in any way shape or form. I know I have probably messed up the rhythm and all that stuff. But I got a few rhymes in. :) I say this so no one will feel bad for me thinking I really think I have any ability. But... I thought it would be a fun way to share the news. And contrary to what it may seem like from the poem, we are super excited to have two boys. I am starting to see that I will be watching football for the rest of my life and that Pride and Prejudice won't be a commonly watched movie in our house. I think I can accept all of this. :)

3 comments:

Amie said...

Uhmmm....you never know sometimes boys surprise you. Matt is the macho sports guy type...he always gets really bored watching musicals with me and makes fun of them....but last night he sat down and watched Pride and Prejudice with me....the 1995 A&E version. I was shocked...and he didn't hate it!

Scott said...

I think deep down, Scot likes Pride and Prejudice... he just likes to put up the tough guy front. :)

Good for Matt! Now that you got the ball rolling, keep up on a steady supply of chick movies so he will build up a liking for it. :)

Lisa said...

Hi- just passing by! :-) I wanted ALL girls and am now glad that I have two boys. It is so nice that they have each other to play with. I hope they will always be close. Congrats!