This sounded like fun. Play along if you like!
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, if you feel inspired, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.
10 comments:
Oh I have SO many I want to post! How about the time we went camping north of Gooding with Jaxon and Bret, we packed seasoned chicken...incase we didn't catch a fish like planned. And after about two hours of not catching fish we threw our foiled chicken into the fire...it didn't cook too well. We ended up eating it a little raw because of our impatience. Then Gillettes came out and crashed our party, and Jaxon ended up wrecking the bronco...man what a trip.
that made me really miss you, and hope our kids are as crazy as we are...I hope even more they can be crazy together. We were a free-spirited pair weren't we.
Let's see...when I think of Sadie I think of shopping for maternity bathing suits, maternity capris, laying out everyday until we had the best CA tan ever, sharing babywise successes with each other, going to the library because there was free AC and we had absolutely nothing better to do, taking naps together in the middle of the day (separate couches of course), and probably one of my favorites...contemplating buying dog beds for our newborns. :)
Jinger- I totally forgot about that trip. If I remember we were scared to death because we could hear people and we were both scared of the dark.
Christine-
You might get me turned into CPS... I thought the dog bed was a step up from a cardboard box with a pillow. :)
I think we've only met once. You and Scott came over to my parents house to give Amy and me a wedding present. That hammer has probably had more use and will last longer than any other wedding present.
I remember all of us heading to the Regional Dances every other Saturday all dolle up ready to meet the other hot 14 years old boys waiting there for us....only they were never waiting and we had so much fun dancing the night away with just us girls.
my favorite memory of us together is the mad cow impersonation in the kitchen of our apartment.
My favorite... When sherri and I had brought you a couch for your wedding present. now granted half the fun was trying to figure out how to get it to your wedding, seeing as we only had little cars, and that part wasn't with you persay... but we laughed so hard the entire way to your reception. And then after the reception you wouldn't believe it was for you, you thought it was a couch that belonged to the reception center. your reaction was the greatest.
Sadie I could list more than one hundred times we have laughed so hard together! Of course there are little things, like brushing each other's teeth, or the time I threw up on our carpet and you told our roommates not to worry-- "Elise would have disinfected it" (and I had... at 2:00 am after not making it to the bathroom with my flu virus!). I have to say however, that there are a couple of times that really top the list. And pardon me that this is such a long post... you know I'm a talker! Anyway, in terms of comedic value, not much is better than the time we flew back from our DC trip and the flight attendants had us be the flight attendants! Of course, the ending to that story is what we chose to do with that garbage bag full of pretzels they gave us. Let's just cut to the chase and say that the final result was red jello with crystallized brown sugar at the bottom (occasionally) and pieces of pretzel floating throughout.
OK just a couple more. So special was the time that you were RS President and you told me that before you knew who your counselors would be you knew I would be your VT coordinator. Perhaps you remember why that was so special...
I'll never forget that while I was recovering you and Ashlee came to my house every single Sunday to visit me. Of course, I sort of wish I could forget the time that you two had to give me assistane in my half-bath situation. But in the forefront are the good times: like when you were trying on my mother's really ugly dress (over your clothes) and my dad was in the room preventing my mom from coming in until you were ready. Her complete exasperation that my dad could be in the room while you were changing was pretty memorable too...
And I just can't address some Sadie highlights without mentioning the time that you had your wisdom teeth out a couple days before our FHE BBQ, so you blended your hamburger (with all the toppings) in a blender, and proceeded to drink your dinner. I also cannot leave out (and this really is all, I promise) after you broke up with Brad and you cried to my brother about having to take Brad's cup off of our wall. I believe the quote was something like, "Let's just leave that up a little longer"... Love you Sadie!
I think my favorite memories are just the times when we would go out and about around the farm and play all day, riding horses or getting honey (or attempting to get honey). I love all of my family reunion memories too. So fun!
Post a Comment