Here are the rules:
Link the Person who Tagged you.
Mention rules on your blog.
Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Leave a comment to let them know.
1. I'm weird about cheese. Here are a few of the travesties that could happen to a block of cheese that would require me to turn up my nose to eating it:
It could get touched by someones fingers and as a result get that yucky satin look to it.
It could be cut into by a knife that was used on something other than cheese.
It could be on a sandwich for more than three minutes.
It could be cut too thin.
It could be cut too think.
It could get too dry.
It could get soggy.
Basically anything could make me turn my nose up, but it is still one of my favorite things to eat.
2. Getting rid of things one of my favorite things to do. I absolutely love it. When I get into one of my moods I have been known to throw out things that we use on a regular basis. Like a toaster that still works just fine. I often go through my closet, the kids toy box, my furniture, and anything else I can pick up and either put on the curb or in my trunk. The only thing that is free from being tossed is something with sentimental value. I still have cards, letters, and movie tickets from when I was in high school. That being said, once I can't remember why I have that sentimental-value-worthy item... it gets tossed too.
3. This one is really embarrassing... but I'll tell you anyway. Just don't judge me too harshly. I like to clean out peoples ears. Not only that, but I get really excited when the q-tip comes out with a big chunk of wax. I also check out peoples ears (without them knowing). I just have this thing about clean ears. I try to clean my husbands... but he hasn't given in to me on that one yet. Thankfully he already has clean ears. Since he wont let me get my fix with his ears, I clean out my boys' ears. I know all about how your not supposed to use q-tips and all that stuff, but I can't help it. I think it stems from when I was little and my mom would clean out all of our ears.
4. I'm a little OCD (self-proclaimed). I have to have everything in my house just right. If Jeff moves his toys into the wrong area of the room. I have to fix it. If The blanket on the bed is too far to one side... it drives me crazy. The books on our bookshelf are in order from tallest to shortest from left to right. They are also all flush with each other. The chairs to our table are all tucked in unless we are sitting in them. The only thing that is in complete disarray (on purpose) is the fridge. Even our junk drawer is organized.
5. I hate crying in front of people. I don't even like crying in front of my husband. Often I wait until I am in bed and he is asleep to let my tears out. If I can't hold back until he is away, I bury my face in his chest while he holds me so he can't see. I don't know why this is. It might be that I hate the way my face looks when I cry. It could be that I like to be thought of as a tough girl who doesn't have any weaknesses. It could be that when people see me cry, it only adds fuel to the fire. I don't know exactly why... but I do know that if you see me cry there is really something wrong. There are only two exceptions. When I am at the movies or in church.
6. (Scott recommended this one) My singing. I sing opera style when I get excited or am really happy. I try to make it sound as bad as possible so there is no mistaking that I am actually trying to sound good. I only really do it around Scott and the boys. Jeff has picked up on it and does it too. We hope that he will be blessed with Scott's musical talents, but if not... he can enjoy is ugly opera singing with me.
I tag... Charis, Amy Johnson, Amie Nelson, Rachel Loser, Rachel Watson, Christine Velasco
2 comments:
AHH HA HA! LOL! I totally enjoyed this post! I love it when people admit crazy funny things about themselves that no one would normally know! I have to relate to you on the OCD part. I am just as freaked out about things being out of place. You're so funny and cute, Sadie!
I hear you about the qtips, blankets on the bed, books on the shelf, and chairs pushed in (Mollie actually took Graham by the hand back over to the table the other night bc he hadn't pushed in his chair after dinner).
Post a Comment