2.03.2009

25 random things you never cared to know about me...

1. I have a black patch of hair that I have had all my life on the right side of my head.
2. When I was little my brother convinced me that eating ants was cool, and I ate them often.
3. I was a firefighter for two summers to help pay for college.
4. I'm so afraid of the dark and being alone that later this week while Scott is gone to winter Scout camp, I will be having a young woman from the ward over to babysit ME.
5. I ate a live grasshopper once to show my nephew that I was cool. We made a club.
6. I've always wanted my second toe to be longer than my first because I think it is cute. Scott has that feature, but sadly he has only passed it on to one of our sons.
7. I'm picky about how my towels are folded... thanks mom.
8. My brother (same one, I looked up to him) also convinced me that I shouldn't shave my legs till he got home from his mission. I didn't. When he got back he convinced me to still refrain. I was 15 when I first shaved my legs.
9. I used to sit in the front seat of the bus so I could talk to my bus driver all the way to school. Looking back, I'm not sure if she enjoyed it as much as I did.
10. I threw up in my in-laws sink the first time I met them. Then when I tried to clean things up, I broke the sink.
11. I'm extremely ticklish and become violent to the point of hurting loved ones if I can't get away while being tickled.
12. My nostrils are different shapes.
13. I couldn't eat subway for about 10 years of my life because I got sick once after eating it. Even seeing the Subway sign would make me nauseous. We're friends again.
14. I remember when I was 15 years old meeting with my Bishop and crying to him. My concern... that I was never going to get married. He laughed and sent me on my way.
15. When my husband proposed, I thought the ring was fake. It isn't.
16. The thing I cried about most in high school was losing basketball games.
17. When I was little, I used to bite my toenails. I would deny it, but my family has video proof.
18. For the first 12 years of my life, my hair looked like a mushroom.
19. In the 5th grade I got mad at a girl and punched her in the eye. She wouldn't let me play soccer with my other friend, Amie.
20. The only other time I have ever come close to getting into a fist fight was when I worked with at-risk-youth. Scott had to tell me to go to my room and chill out. I'm better with my temper now.
21. I have and on-and-off relationship with chicken and ground beef. At times it grosses me out and I can't eat it. I always love steak, our relationship will last forever.
22. I hate shopping. It probably stems from the time I was shopping with my mom the day before school started. I was swinging on an empty rack, fell over, broke my finger, and had to get stitches. I also missed the first day of school.
23. I always thought holding hands was uncomfortable until I met Scott. Somehow our hands just fit, and I liked it.
24. I could eat cereal for every meal, except Scott made me promise I wouldn't eat it after 10 a.m.
25. I've always thought I was really strong/tough. I've finally come to grips with the fact that I may not be. Now I work out so I can be.

8 comments:

Lacey said...

Too fun. I want to hear more about breaking the sink.

Michelle said...

Hilarious. How do you come up with so many random things?! How fun.:o)

Amie said...

Ok what about the time you called are gym teacher a lesbian...or was it "gay wade"? I can't remember. Or how about the time we dressed up crazy in Reno and rode the elevators. Uhmm or the the time you tried to use your nursing skills...I am pretty sure a whole roll of gauze was used to on that toe. Or how about you having a donkey as a kid and naming it Jack....and you cried when Jared threw rocks at it. Or your MC Hammer pants you made for 4H. Or the fact that you loved our bus driver so much you hugged her after she dropped you off...and I am pretty sure you invited her to your birthday party...probably more then once. I think I could think of more random things about your life then my own....which would actually make a really funny book...you should look into that.:)

Arredondo Family said...

fascinating...and perhaps a bit frightening..hee hee :)

Kate Fowles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Fowles said...

Haha!! This was very cute and fun to read! I just thought I should let you know that I had to make a new blog. It's now katefowles.blogspot.com.

Rosanna said...

Maybe you should post Amie's comments as an entry of its own ;)
That was fun to read!
Love you, Rosanna

Ana Lee said...

haha love it. You ate a lot of insects growing up. I can't believe you didn't shave until 15. No cereal after 10AM? Scott is really looking out for you isn't he?