I got to go to my little brother's wedding on Thursday. It was great. Bride and Groom looked very handsome and happy to be starting their lives together. And of course, it made me remember my own wedding.
Scott and I have been married for four years. I was terrified. The kind of terrified that makes you lose ten pounds and throw up on a regular basis. I have no idea why. Scott has obviously been a superb choice. Maybe I was afraid that after a few months I wouldn't like him anymore. Maybe I was afraid after a few days, he wouldn't like me anymore.
Thankfully, we still like each other. In fact, we like each other a lot. I can't think of anyone I would rather spend my time with than Scott. I think that's a pretty amazing thing. We meet, get to know each other, and before we know it we are married and our lives revolve around each other. The very fact that two people fall in love, get married, and build beautiful families together is simply a miracle in my mind.
It was wonderful to witness one such miracle this week.
6 comments:
I love weddings! They are simple wonderful! Hope you are all doing well! Love ya!
so lets see some pictures of little brett all growed up. :)
Very well said Sadie. I am still frequently amazed at the feelings of love that come from two people living as one.
Great Post! You and Scott are a good example. Congrats to Brett.
Glad things turned out so well for you.. you deserve it! Funny to think back about how we talked about this a lot the last time we saw each other in person, that summer when we visited you guys. I hope you have some pictures of Brett's wedding to post... and maybe some of your dad's visit?
Love, Rosanna
This is a beautiful post :) I LOVED going to the wedding and seeing you and everyone. What a great trip! I am so happy for the new Cheney family!
Post a Comment