We did the second annual Cheney Family get-together yesterday. It consists of participating in the Pocatello Tri, sleeping, eating, and visiting. We had a blast. This year we also did a "mini-tri" for the grandkids. They loved it!
Here's the results!
Me- I ran the 5k leg of the race and my nephew did the bike and my neice did the swim. I was slow, but I never stopped, puked, or passed out. Success!
Scott- Ran the 5K in 24 minutes, biked 12 miles in 47 minutes (with a few extra spent going too far and finally turning around), and swam 500 yards in 16 minutes! He did AWESOME!!! He cut 12 minutes off his time from last year and was an overall stud!
Jeff- Ran the whole way smiling the entire time around the block (just a little under a 1/2 mile) and biked around the block enjoying every bit of it. We didn't let him do the swim because we had to jump in the car and drive to Utah and didn't want a sopping wet boy, but he did so great! I was so proud of him! All summer he has been begging to do a race, and would frequently tell me that he needed to practice running. He is such a fun little guy.
Nate- Ate six bananas, one ice cream bar, three pieces of watermelon, one yogurt, one sloppyjoes, several candies, chocolate milk, homemade ice cream and apple crisp, and who knows what else he got when I wasn't looking. His shirt was covered in all kinds of food mixed together. :) We hope to get him into the running soon... :) Right now, he is a food man. However, he's only two... so he's got time.
Hope you all had a fun weekend too!
Love,
Sadie
No comments:
Post a Comment