12.08.2007

Ode to the tree

We went and got the first "real" Christmas tree in our marriage. I was so excited to drive home with it as a trophy on our car. It looks kind of small on top of the car, but let me assure you it is no puny Charlie Brown tree. In fact, as we were setting it up I kept saying how much I loved it and that it was so beautiful. Scott said, "If this tree's love language is words of affirmation, it should be one happy tree". But really, I love it. And it smells sooooo good.



Jeff and Scott doing the manly stuff, like setting up the tree


I think Scott likes the tree almost as much as I do. I think he is giving the tree a little hug in this photo.... which leads me to a funny story. Today Scott was talking about getting a potted tree because it was better for the environment. Then he got on the Internet and did some research. He told me that after he had researched things he felt okay about getting a real tree because from what a read it is healthier for then environment to have a real three than a fake plastic tree that will not biodegrade. I promptly started giving him a hard time about him being a tree hugger. He denies it, but says he doesn't like to kill things. Sheesh, some things you just don't learn about someone else until you have been married for a few years. Who knew? A tree hugger. :) All things said, I love the earth... but I also love my tree.

4 comments:

Jess said...

I knew Scott was a tree hugger... :)

Hope you have a great Christmas!

Kristi said...

I would like to say I had no idea scott was a tree hugger :-) Hey miss sadie thanks for all the comments on our blog I can't wait to talk to you!

Ana Lee said...

haha this looks like so much fun! I am so glad you guys blog, I love it. Thanks for the comments on my blog! You are my one loyal reader :) hehe. You are great!

Amie said...

Hey...I want to see a picture of it decorated....