12.06.2007

Self Improvement

So, I have decided to spend some time each day on self improvements. For example, when I lay down on the couch, I get my "Carpentry" book off the shelf and read it till I fall asleep. I have read a chapter about wood, and a chapter on lumber. The difference? I think it has something to do with how it is cut. I always drift off and whatever I do learn, I seem to lose during REM sleep or something.

Yesterday I decided to work on my guitar skills which included about five songs I could play parts of. Today, I can place five songs... and I have a new cord to add to my list of 5 cords. If that's not self-improvement, I don't know what is.

The bad side to all this self-improving I have been doing. My fingers are so puffy and red from the guitar strings,that I think I'll have to forgo any improvements today. I'm getting kind of tired, so maybe I will go find my "Carpentry" book.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

You go girl! It sounds like you're nearly ready to hit the grocery store with your guitar case and your magnificent skills. Memories, huh?

Scott said...

The best memories. I was thinking a little extra money might come in handy for the holidays. I might try out the locals and see if they appreciate my music. :)

Ana Lee said...

hahaha you are too cute!