2.12.2008

Family

My parents have been here for the last week. It has been so great to spend time with them and show them what life is like for us here in Jersey.

Unfortunately, Jeff has been as sick as he has ever been. He has a cough, fever, and runny nose. He has had it for about five days now. Hopefully he will come out of it soon. My mom was a gem and took care of him much of the time. She watched him while we went to church. I don't know what we would have done without her. I couldn't miss because I was the only one there from the primary presidency and Scott couldn't miss because he had to accompany a musical number as well as play the organ during the meeting. She was such a lifesaver. She also helped me hem my drapes in one of our rooms.

My dad was great too. He spent all kinds of time getting everything fixed from the car to the chair in the dining room. He was pretty handy and now my house feels that much more put together.

It wasn't all work and no play. We also went into the city one day. We went to the Museum of Natural History, Stomp (a percussion show), and on the Staten Island Ferry where they got to see the Statue of Liberty. All in all I think we wore them out.

So, I guess this post is a tribute to my parents and the wonderful people they are. They teach me so much every time I am around them. I hope I can be the same kind of parent to Jeff that my parents have been to me.

7 comments:

The Reagans said...

Poor Jeff, sick kids are no fun! How is the pregnancy going? Any names for the litte one yet??

Scott said...

Hey Annie,

The pregnancy is going well... other than feeling really fat. :) But I guess that is to be expected. Names? Oh man... this is a struggle for us. Poor Jeff barely got a name before we left the hospital. Tell you what, you choose a name and we will use it too. :) Since we are so far away that should work right? :) So uh... whats your little boys name gonna be?

Jess said...

Did I miss something? I didn't realize that you were expecting again!!! Congrats! Let's see some pictures of the expecting Mommy! Love you guys!

Reagan Family said...

Sadie,

You guys are funny! I have to have a name picked out months in advance... I am so special like that! We are naming this one Cole.. Most likely. I will think of a good name for you guys, knowing scott and how much he likes my ideas i am sure he will love it!!

Scott said...

Annie,

How do you do it? I can't settle on a name to save my life. We have a cute kid in our ward named Cole... so maybe we better go with your second choice. :) You will be impressed to know that we even let Jeff eat suckers now. :) I am sure it was because of your influence.

Right now I kindof like Nathaniel, or Thomas... but who knows. That is really no indication at all that he will get that name. Oh, another on I like is Carson.

The Reagans said...

It is such a good thing you guys met me. What would poor little Jeff do without a little sugar high every now and then? I am sure he will thank me when he is older. I like all three of your names so far!!

Olinselot said...

I'm sorry Jeff has been sick, that is so hard. I hope everything goes away soon, it's so hard to have little ones who are sick.
I have a blog now, I'm staying on top of it too. Check it out.
-Jinger
www.andreasenstation.blogspot.com