6.17.2008

Baby Boy Arrival



Well, we had our baby boy this morning. Here are all the details...

1:00 a.m. I woke up to a contraction, but I wasn't sure.
1:30 a.m. I nudged Scott, I nudged Scott a little harder, and he did wake up eventually. :)
2:30 a.m. We called the doctor to tell him that I had been having contractions for an hour, four minutes apart.
3:00 a.m. We got to the hospital. I was dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced.

5:00 a.m. I got my first epidural.

5: 15 a.m. My water broke.

6:00 a.m. I got my second epidural because the first didn't quite work.

6:47 a.m. Our little boy joined us after I pushed for 17 minutes.



He is:

20 1/2 inches long

8 lbs 9 oz

healthy
blessed with a full head of hair (thanks Scott)



So, there are all the details I can think of so far. Scott was an incredible coach. I could have never done it without him. Really, he was incredible. He could coach labor and delivery with the best of them. I almost forgot, as soon as the baby was born he peed all over the doctor. I think that means he will either be a Doctor or a Lawyer. Either way, it was pretty comical. :)
We will try to keep the blog posted. Thanks for all the support and prayers from our family and friends. We feel very blessed!



11 comments:

Daija said...

Congratulations! I'm excited to see the little guy in July. :)

Breach's said...

Congratulations!!!! He's very cute. Have you decided on a name? Now the fun begins!!

Chrissy

Brian Adair Fam said...

Sadie, congratulations!!!! I found your blog on Jinger's and decided to check it out. I can't believe you now have 2 kids!!! Crazy how we grow up, huh?!? :0) I'm so happy for you and your little family. I'm glad everything went well and that everyone is doing well. Good luck with everything! :0)

Jeff & Johanna said...

Yeah way to go Sadie! You two look so happy! Congrats and hope everyone continues to be healthy. So let's hope that you pick out a name before it's the last minute of leaving the hospital. Yeah, and we would all like to know his name too.

Christine said...

CONGRATS Goddards! We're way excited for you. I'll be taking lots of notes these next 4months on how to handle TWO!! haha
good luck!

Erin said...

Congratulations! I hope you have a great recovery.

Mike J said...

My most hearty congratulations! Scott, I'll have to call you and get some fathering tips sometime. I'm sure you're an expert now that you have TWO boys!

Ana Lee said...

Congratulations!! That is SOOO exciting! Very cute pictures, and I love the play by play :)

Dallas and Shelby Scoffield said...

Yay! Congratulations you guys! I'm glad everything went well. Number two is definetly better than number 1 delivery huh?

Charis said...

Congratualtions! I am so excited for you! and I am so excited for me because I finally found your blog! so now I can keep up with all the happenings in the goddard world. send me your email so I can allow you to see my blog, I am kinda protective that way, but I would love for you to see what is up with us as well! Congratulations again to all of you!

Charis said...

oh yeah, i forgot to leave my email so you can send me an email... charisstrong@gmail.com. P.S. do you have have Mike and Amy's email I sure would like to keep up with them too... but I have to be friends with them. so I need to request that... blah blah blah.. once again I am so stinking excited for you!YAY!!!!! I am so glad that I found you just at the right time to tell you congrats! He is beautiful