A conversation with my dad earlier this week...
Dad: So, how are things going?
Me: Oh well... (rambling for about two minutes, then a pause so I can get an "uh huh" so I know I haven't lost the connection because then I would have to repeat myself to make up for ten minutes of time where I was talking into a lost call... but that's never happened to me...)
Me: (waiting, to get the "uh, huh." then I decide he must be really intent on listening to me ramble.)
Me: (rambling for three minutes, then the pause for the "uh huh"...)
Dad: (crickets chirping...)
Me: Dad, are you there? Hello? (I check the phone, nope, no lost call...) Dad?!?
Dad: (absolute silence)
Me: HEY! Can you hear me?
Dad: Oh, really? (his response obviously has nothing to do with what I was talking about, but it is also obvious he is trying to play it cool...)
Me: Dad, did you fall asleep?
Dad: (Laughing like crazy) Well, I laid my head on the couch and... (more laughing..)
I know I may not always be super exciting to talk to... but his is a new low. :)
It's okay Dad, I won't tell anyone.
5 comments:
This is too funny! You made my day.
OK, I will defend your dad here because he is the best... He is such a hard worker, I bet it wasn't you, but he was just tired!
Funny story though. Love, Rosanna
hahaha that is so cute.
Ok, That is so funny. Way to not tell anyone about it.
Sadie,
You crack me up! Thanks for the laugh today!
Post a Comment