8.26.2009

We made it to Texas

We are here! It took us a long time, but we made it. I don't have much time to write, but I just wanted to post a little bit of our most recent happenings.

We live in the ghetto. Really! Who knew Texas had them. We hear sirens, domestic disputes, alarms, etc. throughout the day and night. Two blocks over and the area seems nice, but we are in the heart of the hood.

I'll be honest, I'm a little worried, but I haven't heard gunshots, so I think we'll be okay. :)

Scott had orientation for his graduate program today. He was pretty excited and nervous when I dropped him off at the building this morning. He had his book bag on and I felt like I was dropping off my little boy on his first day of school... except that my little boy is 27 and 6'3. Still, it was hard to say goodbye.

Jeff is enrolled in a two day pre-school that my friend puts on in her house. We weren't planning on doing it at first, but Jeff begged to go to school all morning since he knew that's what daddy was doing... so he starts on the 31st.

I'm just trying to get all the ins and outs of moving squared away. Phone, Internet, insurance, gym membership... you know, all the important stuff. :)

Nate refuses to use shoes. He hates them. If I put them on him he cries the entire time. He crawls instead of walks (which defeats the purpose).

We are all healthy and happy and HOT! It is warm in Texas... what everyone said was true. But we love it!

5 comments:

Olinselot said...

I'm so glad you made it! I hope you are safe though, its not like the hood here you know...we have to lock our cars now...not to mention take the keys out of them. I miss you so much and wish like heck we could have spent more time together....it's be a hard, crazy summer. Kerry just took family pics, so make sure and watch our blog for them. Love you.

Anonymous said...

glad you made it. you're much more brave than i am doing all that travelling with two kids by yourself.

talked to brett when we were up there a couple weeks ago. man has he grown up! i guess a mission does that for people.

good luck to scott (statistics?!!!) going back to school!

Scott said...

Oh, I didn't do it by myself. :) No way would I do that. :) Scott was with me the entire time.

Jill said...

it's hard moving in and good luck living in the hood. a similar thing happened when my sister moved to Arizona but she now lives in a parsonage in Maine next to the Methodist church. Anyways, good luck in Texas

Ana Lee said...

Geez! Do YOU have an alarm?! You can look up the types of crimes that have occurred in your neighborhood. I can't remember what it is called, just google it.