11.09.2009

Homemade Ice Cream


About a year ago, I begged Scott for an old fashioned (actually has the wooden bucket) ice cream maker. I think there are a few reasons...

1. I absolutely love ice cream! L O V E I T!!! I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

2. It reminds me of those Sunday afternoons at my Grandma Cheney's house when lots of Cheneys could be found eating, talking, and enjoying good stories. And in the background, we could all hear the ice cream maker working hard to provide a tasty desert for us.

As much as I love ice cream, I think I love that memory more. I love remembering my Grandma and the wonderful woman she was and the wonderful family she raised.

Tonight, we're making homemade ice cream, and I hope, that maybe just a little bit... I am becoming a little bit like my Grandma.

4 comments:

Ana Lee said...

YUMMY!! That sounds like a wonderful treat. Maybe we'll drive down to Texas for it :)

Jill said...

that's fun. I love tying generations together by carrying on some traditions. how will our children know their roots unless we carry on the things our grandparents and great grandparents did?

Unknown said...

Aww, I'm sure she would be very proud of you, Sadie. Thanks for sharing such a sweet memory. I love stuff like that, too.

Charis said...

we got an icecream maker for a wedding present. . . actually three of them. . . i was so excited because I love homemade icecream and craig had never had it. I decided to make it for a loertscher fmaily gathering. . . it failed miserably. WHAT!?! i thought icecream was fool proof, i thought for a while that it was just me. . . but then later I discovered that the one machine that we kept, was stupid, it doesn't keep ice on all sides of the icecream, so it never actually froze. not my fault, the machine's!