11.19.2009

I'm a teacher

I never thought I would ever become a teacher. In grade school when all the other girls said they wanted to be teachers when they grew up... all I could think about was playing outside with a horse and a dog.

Even in college, I never really considered being a teacher. I admire teachers, but I never thought of it as a good fit for me.

Today, I discovered that I love teaching. I started a job last week, and I am now a teacher. I teach a GED prep course to adults (most of them older than 3o) who want to improve their education and finally get that diploma.

I teach Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 8 pm. It is perfect for our schedule, and I love it! I am thankful that the Lord would bless us with a job that will help us make ends meet as Scott is in grad school, as well as give me an awesome opportunity to help people achieve their goals.

7 comments:

mamabear said...

Way to go!!!!!!! Teaching is the best.

Michelle said...

That sounds awesome Sadie! You're so ambitious!

Christine said...

Very cool sadie! What subjects do you teach?

Unknown said...

That's GREAT! i think you'd be a fabulous teacher! People can tell when you care about them and about the subject, and it makes them want to care too. How lucky they are to have somebody as cool as you! I hope you enjoy it.

Jill said...

Sadie I think you are a wonderful teacher. You were the gospel doctrine teacher in our ward when i lived with you and I thought you did an awesome job. I think no matter what subject matter you taught, you would be good at it...except maybe spider topics then I think you might be a little biased against them.

Charis said...

sounds fun to me. . . if I had time I would teach in the evening. . . I am jealous

Ana Lee said...

Congratulations!! I hope you continue to enjoy it! Love ya!