4.01.2010

Counting Calories

I'm on day three of keeping track of everything that goes into my mouth. Even gum. I am amazed at how much I'm not eating because I know I'm accountable for it. As if watching my hips get bigger isn't keeping me accountable. I guess it's just instant accountability. :)

Anyway, I'm using this great website called sparkpeople.com. It's free, and to me is just as good as doing weightwatcher online. Maybe better. AND IT IS FREE! Seriously, can you beat that?

I'm loving it. At the end of the day I get a report that tells me how I'm doing. Like on the first day, I learned that I wasn't eating enough protein. So today, I'm eating more chicken. I'm also learning that I'm not drinking nearly enough water.

I really feel that this is helping me make some progress to becoming a healthier me. Food has been and still is my biggest weakness. I love to play, so getting exercise isn't too hard for me. It's not eating that cookie with sprinkles that's tough.

I know I've only been doing this for three days, but if I can do this, ANYONE can. So, I hope that progress continues to be with me. :)

Thanks for listening. Hope y'all have a wonderful Easter. I'll be counting how many jelly beans I eat.

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

So umm... how many calories did you take in tonight? Things like Enrichment and Lunch bunch are extremely hard. Though I won't be able to figure out how many calories are in things like tonight's enrichment refreshments but I try to limit myself to only one Flan so I at least got to taste in and have very small portions of everything else so you at least get to taste these authentic foods. Thanks for convincing me to come with you. I had a great time....then again, how could I not around you:) You are so great. Thanks for being my friend. Keep up the GREAT calorie counting work!!

Charis said...

So I was just thinking, actually have been thinking for the last week about this post. . . i know I am hilarious, anyhow, you shouldn't worry about your intake of calories! you look beautiful, and whats his bucket philips that is the swimmer, I remember seeing the amount of calories he consumes in one day, it is like the equivilent of 10 large pizzas and 20 large bowls of pasta in one day. That is a LOT of food. He eats more calories in one day then I do in a whole week. I would think that would take a lot of energy just eating that much. But if you play and exercise enough, it doesn't matter how much you eat. So just eat what you want and continue to look beautiful!