11.15.2010

Fit Pregnancy

I've been trying to keep running and playing basketball throughout this pregnancy in an effort to be more fit than I was with my first two babies. While I'm sure there's going to be some positives to this choice, it has also proved to be a little bit frustrating.

Why, you might ask... well, I'm used to putting effort into something and then slowly getting better at it. Right now, I'm putting effort into something but I am getting progressively worse. I'm slower, and less coordinated.

I know it's bound to happen, but when I didn't play/run at all with my first two babies, I didn't see the regression. I didn't notice how ugly it was getting. I definitely saw it when I tried to start back up again, but by that point I was on the upward battle and I would get better.

So, while it is a bit discouraging, I'm talking solace in the hope that labor will be easier and getting back into shape will be easier too. I'll let you know how it goes in about four months. :)

3 comments:

Sara G said...

You are doing awesome! I am completely impressed, I only tried for about 9 weeks with Sage's pregnancy. Thanks for letting me invite myself in to chat your ear off. You are such a fun chica!

Jill said...

I did well with working out in my last pregnancy until about the five month mark. I was lucky to get a walk twice a week after that. maybe try doing an exercise that coordination is less noticeable...like walking or simple aerobics or swimming. Swimming takes alot of the pressure off so that's nice. Good luck.

Ana Lee said...

You're amazing! I wish I was trying to be more fit now, haha. You inspire me.