11.03.2010

It's a girl?

We had an ultrasound yesterday (the second one to find out the gender) and the technician said,

"Well, I think it might be a girl, but I'm not convinced."

Which says to me... "Don't really believe me when I say this, you might have a girl, you might have a boy, and to be honest, you really don't have any better of an idea now what it is than you did four months ago when you suspected you were having a girl because you were so sick"

I'm really not all that bent out of shape about it, actually, I think it's funny. Scott has always wanted a surprise, but I'm too chicken to go through with it. So, I guess now he will get a semi-surprise and I will get to semi-know. It really is a win/win situation.

That being said, I'm going forward as if this really is a girl. I'm thinking up girl names, I'm collecting girl clothes, I'm even going to buy a few things (and keeping the tags on) so I feel like I'm making progress on preparing for this baby. I actually made a pink rag quilt for her a few months ago... so, we'll be prepared for a girl, and if it turns out to be a boy, we'll have clothes we just need to pull out of storage. And as for a name, we'll have to wing it. :)

4 comments:

Reagan Family said...

I love it! I am still planning on our girl to come and they really tell me its a boy...I just can't quite believe it. I am hoping it really is a girl for you guys. We need girls this time around don't you think? Congrats!!

Charis said...

girls are fun, but different pregnancy means nothing, my pregnancy with Lucy was 100% different than my one with Kendell and they were both girls. . . just very different girls! but the cutest things EVER!!!!!!! and I loved having a suprise! congrats!

Olinselot said...

Well, I can't but help to be torn in this situation. I really want you to have another boy, so we can continue to have something really awesome in common, but in the same breath a daughter would be amazing. Just like you said...it really is a win/win situation. Either way it will be awesome. Congrats on the baby, I wish I could come and clean your house for you, and make you all kinds of goodies. Love you bunches.

Jill said...

i love having girls. my sister is having her third boy in a row, and is excited. She's due in february also. i like the name Adelaide for a girl and you can call her Addie or I like the name Claire. For boys I like the name James, Jonathan, and Thomas. not that you asked for name ideas. anyway... congrats.