I have to admit, doing this whole thing probably sounds a lot more ambitious than it is. I live less than a mile from the following:
-Jeff's school
-Nate's pre-school
-Walmart
-the church
-Lowe's
-the park
-the health food store
-Walgreen's
-another park
-the gym
-the swimming pool
-Dairy Queen... that one's a must :)
So really, there isn't much reason for me to drive at all. Scott has a three mile ride to school, but he's been doing that since we moved here. The only hardship, really is the rain.
Yesterday went pretty well. Here's some things I observed:
-Nate scares me to death when he veers all over the road on his bike while cars are passing
-Jeff does a pretty good job of following and not veering
-Gracie does a fine job of sitting on her throne inside the cozy bike trailer
-Nate hates it when I make him ride in the bike trailer to give my heart a rest
-Speeding cars ignite a little bit of anger inside of me - very nearly chased one down
-Walking Jeff to school was peaceful and enjoyable - it's nice to slow down a bit
-It's really not that bad to ride in the rain
Day one, is a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment