5.13.2012

No car, just bikes

We've been toying with this idea for a while. We live close to everything we need. Why not park our car and try to make it without. We've had reasons to NOT go forward with it. Rain. Laziness... Okay, maybe not as many reasons as I thought. Anyway, we finally decided that since it's "bike to work week" this week would be as good as any to give it a try.

We'll be putting our keys away, and using our bikes and bike trailer (maybe two if we can get one on loan) to get around town as a family. I'm excited and a little nervous. Can we do it? I think so. I hope so, otherwise anyone who reads this will know I'm a complete wuss. I just don't think I could handle that. So, onto the adventure. I'll let you know how it goes.

Peace out,
Sadie

2 comments:

Jill said...

we've gone four or five days without a car once...but that was because it was in the shop and we couldn't afford a rental. We actually have unintentionally not used our car for that same amount of time because Justin normally took the bus, and we live close enough to everything, that I used the stroller to take the girls everywhere. It's very doable. You can do it. the only thing that got a little tricky was my usually massive grocery shopping trip. It is very hard to get a cart full of groceries packed into a stroller also filled with kids.

Captain Super said...

Oh wow- Good luck!! I look forward to reading about your experience with this one.