I wouldn't say it was a compete failure, but it didn't go quite how I imagined either. To quickly own up to things, yes, I drove my car. Multiple times. Most of those times were for good reason. Toward the end, it came more down to being worn out, not just me, but my kids too.
So I guess, I didn't drive my car this week, except for when i drove to...
-Austin (3 hrs) to help my brother unload his moving van
-Conroe (1 hr) to go boating
-the grocery store, the one far away has the best produce/prices
-meet up with friends to go swimming
-buy ice cream with my buddy visiting from Dallas, very important!
-to run around town getting paperwork from girls I work with at church so we can go horseback riding
So, those are the times I drove my van. Full disclosure. It was harder in some ways, but easier in others. My legs are pretty worn out. Towing my kids behind me all over town has taken it's toll. However, the short trips to take Jeff to school, to church activities, to the gym... those weren't too bad. I realized that I can probably continue to only bike for some of those types of things. At least, until it gets too hot.
We're going to continue on our little adventure, allowing ourselves to drive when we need to drive. I think it'll make for toned calves, and a smaller gas bill. Also considering investing in something like this...
4 comments:
good work. I think just cutting down on the unnecessary car trips really makes a difference. i never use my car to go the library, visiting teaching (all the sisters on my route live within 1/2 mile of me)to the park, or even to the doctor unless it's raining. I just plan on taking the stroller and using that as my work out for the day. Love doing things this way
Thanks, Jill. You are so supportive of my crazy ideas. ;)
That is really cool. I just moved across town and have been making excuses not to ride my bike to work. My bike ride when from 10 minutes to a half hour. I really need to drag my butt out of bed and just do it, but that extra thirty minutes of sleep is so nice! If you can do it with three kids, then surely I can do it for just myself! Thanks for the motivation!
Ok so this was the last post that I had read of yours. I forgot that you had a blog until I saw it on mine. I will have to get caught up on the other posts that I haven't read yet. It is fun to see that you are reading mine too:)
Post a Comment