When the first ones came I thought for sure it was my landlord so I answered the door. Sadly I had to tell the posse of trick-or-treaters I didn't have any candy. One of the little girls actually fell on the ground and started crying. I am not sure if it was because she fell on the ground that she started to cry, or if it was because I didn't have sugary substance to drop in her enormous bag. One of the nosey neighbors looked across the yard at me like I had kicked the girl. I wanted to yell something like, "What, you think we should have candy this early in the day." But instead I just picked the girl up and ran back in the house, shut the door as quickly as I could and determinedly decided not to answer the door again.
So I hid back in my living room, avoiding the kitchen at all costs, just in case they could see me thought the window in the door. The next bunch came and knocked on the door, I hunkered down on the living room couch to wait it out. Unfortunately, Jeff loves visitors. He kept yelling. I tried to get him to be quiet, but the kids must have heard him and they started pounding on the door non-stop. So, yet again, I opened the door.
After they left even emptier handed than they came (they gave Jeff some of their candy because they felt bad for him) I grabbed the car keys and sneaked out to the car. This was not going to happen again. I went to the grocery store only to find that most of the candy selection was gone. So, I had to get the cheap stuff. At least it was something.
Once I got home I was prepared and I waited for them to come. I had a huge bowl (okay so it wasn't that big) full of candy ready for the little imps to come pounding on the door. I got one little boy, who just looked at me when I opened the door. He didn't even say "Trick or Treat," he just stared at the candy. I gave him one, and had to fend him off when he tried to dig into my dish of sweets. That was it, it was over. No more for the rest of the night. Word must have gotten out that we were cheap.
So, once Scott got home from work we took Jeff out and loaded up on the good stuff. I'm in heaven today. And Jeff, well, he's just a baby so he gets one candy a day.
He is a pretty cute little Tigger if you ask me.
Some friends went with us and took their little boy too.
No comments:
Post a Comment