It hit me yesterday... I only have 12 weeks left before the our baby boy will be here. 12 WEEKS!!! Folks that is not a long time at all. And if this little boy is anything like Jeff I only have 8 weeks before he will make his entrance.
We are excited for this little guy to join our family, but I have to say that this pregnancy and all the feelings that come with it are definitely different than the first time. I think that now that I know what I am getting myself into, it's a lot more intimidating. I keep thinking about all of the amazing women out there who have had like six kids, with no epidural. That leads me to think about all those women who had babies in some one room cabin with the neighbor lady there to help her out.
And then I ask myself this question... Why am I such a pansy? Women have been doing this for years with a lot less luxury than I will have in my warm hospital room with pain killers, and epidurals, and ice chips. What happened to that firefighter girl who was so tough and not afraid of anything? What happened to that basketball player who broke her finger and kept playing? What happened to that little girl on the farm who was so tough she ate ants? (thanks to my brother who taught me that it was cool) What happened to her? Where is she now, when I really need her?
Sorry to any of you first time moms out there. This post is not to scare you away from ever bringing life into this world. But to all of you seasoned (read: had a baby and survived) moms out there, any advice on how to get over my fears? Any tips on how to make labor and delivery painless? If you've got it, send it on!!! And do it quick, because like I said before... He is coming...
6 comments:
Sadie....pushing your baby out of your uterus is a little more painful then eating ants...:) Well if you have decided not to use an epidural my sister Lizza has a method that might help. It's kind of is a self hypnosis. I don't know a lot about it but supposedly it helps you deal with the pain. If your interested I can find you more info. But don't worry about the delivery...you are a seasoned veteran now! You know what your doing and....your tougher then you think you are. Plus...it is a little to late to wuss out now....he is coming whether you like it or not:) Just think about how great it will be to see what he looks like..his personality and how nice it will be to have someone to cuddle with again.
Oh wow, I am still very much an advocate of an epidural. Trust me, that has not changed. I am not one of those tough types who wants to do things naturally... while I admire people like that... I know I am not one of them. :)
It will be fun to see what he looks like and to hold and all that stuff. But, I am also a fan of my sleep. Bottom line, I am just too much of a selfish person to be REALLY excited to have a newborn again and all that comes along the way. I can say this, it will be nice to put him down and after three seconds, he will still be in the same place I put him... not so with his older brother. :)
ya know, my second was much more scary than the first for me. I knew how hard it was, and all the yuckiness that comes on the dreadful, yet wonderful day. Just focus on what a quick thing it is, ya know, it's only one day of complete misery. It will go by fast don't worry about it too much. He'll be here and you'll live and he'll be happy and healthy, and you'll wonder why you did it, but the actual delivery part...it's nothing!...(HAHA NOW I"VE officially loaded you full of CRAP)
I'm only having one more...no real advise to give here, other than...you'll be a great mother of two. Love ya girl.
Sadie, I think it's funny that it's you and I that keep up with each other's blogs even though it's our husbands that grew up together! I wish we lived closer so we could be friends outside of the blog world! Anyway, I don't have any advice to offer on this post since I am still blissfully ignorant about the whole process for another four months! Good luck, though. See, this is another reason we need to be friends...we'll have little boys only a month apart!
Amy,
I'm glad you don't think it's strange that I check out your site and make comments, even though I only met you briefly a few years ago. Pregnancy can sure bring people together. :)
And just so you know, I have plenty of friends/family who have had great experiences with labor and delivery. My sister said her second one was really "easy and fun". Who uses those words to describe such a process anyway? I'm going to have to find out her strategy.
I think you can do it naturally! I just went in believing that there were no other options. I did have a relatively easy labor; it only lasted about six hours total and I pushed for about twenty minutes. The only really hard part for me was the transition phase and then the pushing. I tore really bad too. The last part took alot of focus, just ask Sam. I was in the zone. And I came out of the experience alive and with a new found sense of self-worth. It was hard, but I had help. Shoot me an e-mail if you want to talk more details.
Post a Comment