4.08.2008

Last Summer

This is a picture of us hiking as a family last summer. A friend of mine just sent it to me and it made me happy... so I wanted to share it. We have had the worst luck with losing pictures. It was nice to get these. Thanks Brandon!

Just for the record, Jeff did have a good time. I think by this point he was getting tired. If I remember right, he fell asleep in his backpack on the hike back to the car.
We hope to have some fun events this summer too. It will be a little tough with a newborn, but we are determined to still do fun things even when our kids are small. I just can't give up all the years that we will have small kids to sitting in the house.
One thing on our list to do is go camping and go to the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It should be awesome! I just hope that I can do it. We will have a one-month-old by that time. Scott let me plan it with the understanding that I might not be able to go if I have a hard recovery or if the baby has any problems or stuff like that. This just might be a good way to kick-start my pioneer spirit. :) At least I'll have a month instead of a few hours.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Oh wow--Hill Cumorah Pageant--I wouldn't miss it for the world!! I would, however, book a hotel room, but you're way more adventurous than I am. Just for the record--the pageant is famous for having rain--so be prepared for that. Maybe you could borrow/rent someone's RV and park it there...something to check into.

Have fun!!!

Olinselot said...

that sounds so fun! I love this picture of you guys. I wish carl liked to hike more, it's hard to get him out there. YOu look like you're having a great time though.

Mystial Batwoman said...

Oh I love to see pictures like that! Not long and you'll have two! Time to get a double jogger girl!:)