11.21.2008

Robbed

So, you are probably wondering why you haven't been getting any cute pictures to see on this blog. Here is the story to explain it all...

I have lived in New Jersey (thought by many to be one of the most criminal-stricken states in the union) for over a year now. I don't lock my door during the day when I leave (I do now), I don't always lock my car if it is parked in front of the house (I do now), and I am not afraid to go out with my kids by myself for a walk (still not).

But all of that has changed. My car got broken into. The thief stole my portable dvd player, my digital camera, my makeup, and my scriptures. Ouch. When I first realized what happened, I just wanted to cry because I felt so violated. Why would anyone do that?

I had never had anything like this happen in the last year and half that I have lived here. Why now? I'll tell you why... its because I got robbed in the wonderful, peaceful, safe state of Utah!!! That's right. A year and a half in Jersey, not theft. One night in West Jordan, Utah... and I get hammered.

Thankfully, the story doesn't end too badly. The wonderful West Jordan Police saved the day. They caught the guy and got my stuff back. Now I just have to send them a check to cover shipping and they will send it all back to me.

The moral of the story... Lock your doors (even in Utah), don't steal, and always report crimes to the Police because they just might be able to catch the crook!

3 comments:

Ana Lee said...

hahaha yeah Utah is not that safe. I'm SOOO glad you got your things back! That is weird they took your scriptures (cruel joke if you ask me).

Amy said...

Wow...I'm so amazed they actually caught him, and you're getting everything back! I've just never heard of that happening.

Christine said...

LOL that is hysterrical Sadie!! You know, my sister has visited Utah twice now and BOTH TIMES her van has gotten broken into (and neither time did her stuff get found and replaced). She's a little bitter toward UT! LOL I'm glad you got your stuff back! And i'm glad you lock your doors now!! :)