So, I went tracting yesterday with one of the sisters serving in our ward. Can I just say that I have a lot more respect for missionaries now. We were only out a little over an hour and by the time we were done, I was content to know that I would go back to my everyday life of playing with Jeff, watching Opera, and eating Bon Bon's. Okay, so maybe my life isn't that posh, but seriously, these girls work hard.
I don't think it was so much the physical part of walking around, but lets be honest... I don't walk all that quick these days. Pregnancy has a way of making my sciatic nerve hurt and now I usually amble along at a nice leisurely pace. I think it was more the fact the some people can be so rude, and I just don't like being around rude people.
When someone comes to my door, I usually invite them inside. Not so for us. We never got invited into any houses. In fact some would just talk through the screen door and one lady even talked through her little mailbox hole.
One lady yelled at us and told us she didn't want it. I could see she was elderly and I really wanted her to know about the health fair we were promoting... so I offered again. She got pretty ticked and yelled at me some more. I walked away and decided I wasn't going to let myself cry. This lady just didn't know how to treat people. Thankfully, I didn't cry, but only because I was with a sweet little sister missionary who was totally tough about it and we also had a 10 year old girl with us from the ward and it didn't even phase her. So, I put on my game face and we went for the next door.
I was also really impressed by how bold this sister was. She was so diligent to give out cards and share her testimony even when it was obvious people were annoyed. You would never think her to be so bold. She is so quiet at church and has a tiny voice that I am surprised that people can hear her.
So, to all of you sisters and elders out there... or once were. I just have to say I have a new found respect for you. Thanks for being so diligent and working hard, because I now see how hard it really can be.
3 comments:
haha, go job Sadie. You are a good sport!
I gained alot of respect for the missionaries too when I went out with the sisters once. It's amazing that so many go on missions and stay. I think it's just one more testament that the church is true.
Post a Comment