I know you have all probably been anxiously awaiting the next "pregnant lady vent" post. And now you can rest easy, because its coming your way. :) Let me forewarn you that you might want to skip this post. It really is just me thinking and typing all at the same time. Its not so much a vent as it is... well, I guess it is a vent. I just have to talk about my thoughts and feelings relating to the new addition we will have soon.
I feel so much better about this delivery as apposed to Jeff's. I know I have mentioned before that the first delivery was hard. I have to say that a lot of it had to do with circumstances unrelated the actual arrival of Jeff.
Here are a few:
1. We had to change Doctors and hospitals last minute because of communication errors about where our insurance would work. As Jeff came early, we didn't have a Dr. that delivered at the hospital we had to go to. Thus, we ended up with a Dr. I had never met who was pretty ticked that he had to deliver my baby.
2. We didn't understand that we could say "no" if we didn't want a certain procedure done. We basically did what we were told and therefor had a few procedures that we plan on avoiding at all costs this time. I will spare the details just in case I have a male cousin or someone reading. :)
3. I don't want to trash on the care I received, but let me just say that about five days after I had Jeff and I was recovering at home, I discovered that the nurses/doctors forgot to remove some gauze from inside of me.
4. I was also pumped full of drugs to induce me because my water broke and had to deliver within 24 hours. I hear that contractions can be much harder when pit is introduced and when your water breaks.
Okay, so enough of the complaints. I have to say there were a lot of great things about my past delivery. As I said my water broke in the middle of the night. When Scott and I got home with our baby from the hospital. We found our apartment completely cleaned. Yep, my visiting teacher and dear friend and come over and washed my "water broken on" sheets as well as done all my dishes and turned on the AC a few hours before we arrived. How amazing it was to feel so loved.
Also, I was able to get some great help from a breast feeding clinic that didn't charge a thing. It was incredible. They did jaundice tests, weighed Jeff before and after I fed him to make sure he was getting enough to eat, and helped me learn how to nurse. They were also the ones that made the call to my pediatrician to tell her that Jeff probably needed to be readmitted to the hospital.
And I can't leave out that we got the cutest little boy on the planet. I still can't believe he has any of my genes. He is just too cute!!!
So... all that being said. I have to again say that I feel this time is going to be a much smoother ride. I have a good Doctor. I have a great hospital that has complimentary valet parking. I have a great husband who is the best birthing partner I could ask for. I have experience from the past that will help me plan a better birth this time. And I just feel good about it. I am also focusing on having a positive outlook because I think it can make a difference rather than expecting the worst.
Okay, this is a super long post. You don't have to read it. I will try to avoid future vents as a pregnant lady. Just lots of thoughts going on in my head and I had to type them out. Its therapeutic.
I wonder if some therapists recommend people blogging (even if no one reads it) to work things out in their minds. Huh... I'm feeling a new book I could write. "Baby steps to Blogging" (If you have ever seen "What about Bob" this will make more sense. :)
3 comments:
Sadie...
I completely understand everything you said. First-time child-bearing is hard. I took Hynobirthing classes from my sister-in-law which helped a lot. (If you're interested just let me know.) I had a great mid-wife and so many things went well, but with this second baby I feel so much more confident about the situation. I hope everything goes well for you!
Sandee
With Luke I felt both confident and scared all at once. I knew what was going to happen...and how much it hurts...but I was clear minded and not so caught up in the rushing and all that. I slept through a lot of Luke's delivery...over drugged. Anyway I hope that little guy comes soon, can't wait to meet him.
Sorry your delivery went so crazy with Jeff...I'm scared of the delivery but I don't really think about that right now. I just tell myself that it's too far away to worry about rught now, and I will worry about it later.
So I'm having a baby name contest on my blog. You should play and see if you win!
Post a Comment