We had our pediatrician appointments for the boys today. Here are the stats on the boys and their growth.
Jeff
Weight: 50th percentile
Height: 90th percentile
Head: 50th percentile (for all of you who have ever seen Jeff's head, this may surprise you)
Nate
Weight: 95th percentile
Height: 95th percentile
Official doctor's comment: "Wow, this kid is growing like crazy".
Just so you all know, Nate has already gained a pound. I mentioned to the doctor that he hardly ever poops. She said it looks like he is absorbing just about EVERYTHING he can to be growing as fast as he is.
Other things we learned... Jeff has a slight heart murmur but the doctor said not to worry too much about it. She also said Jeff is a little delayed in his speaking but way ahead of the game for his fine and gross motor skills. She also mentioned that he is a pretty good flirt too. As far as the speech delay, we are planning on ignoring it for a little bit longer. I am going to work on talking to him more and narrating my day to him. I'm also supposed to read to him. I know I should read to him... but the kid wont sit still long enough to get through a small board book, let alone 20 minutes a day of reading.
So, that is the update on the boys. They are healthy and happy for the most part. I am so thankful they are such healthy kids. I know it isn't always like this, so I am very grateful for a good doctor's appointment.
P.S. Jeff got three shots. He cried until they brought the lollipops and then he was all smiles. Its amazing what a little sugar will do for a kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment