My friend Amie posted on her blog a project she did to fix up an old dresser for her little girl. It is super cute and if I knew how to make a link for you to check it out... I would. She made it look a little like a scrapbook page with all kinds of different stuff on it. Very girly. Very cute. Very crafty.
I decided I wanted to be crafty too. Before I tell you what I did, let me tell you how hard I tried to digitally document it so you could see it. I got out the camera, batteries were dead. I tried to put in new batteries from the junk drawer. They were dead too. I looked in my portable CD player for batteries. None. I tried to use the batteries out of the remote... not enough juice. I looked to see if there were batteries in Scott's alarm clock. Nope. I checked in one of Scott's calculators. Solar power. I checked in another calculator (he's got three). AAA instead of the needed AA. I tried to think of any batteries that I could use from some of Jeff's toys. However, he was asleep in his room with the toy box and that is where I drew the line. I was willing to sacrifice for you all. I was putting my best foot forward. I still wasn't willing to risk waking up my sleeping child. Sorry.
So, back to the crafty project I did. Our couch has this ruffle on the bottom that used to look nice. Before we moved and before the ruffle got torn in places, it looked good. I decided that I wanted to spice up my life with some craftiness. I got out the pliers and I ripped off the ruffle. Its gone now. I think I like the way it looks.
Does this count?
5 comments:
LOL, every once in a while I come up with a bit of craftiness too -- don't tell anybody. And yes, Amie's dresser is way cute... but did we expect anything less?
After telling Mike about this post, he said, and I quote: "The less fluff the better...in all aspects of life."
I think he approves.
Ohmygosh, Sadie, I literally laughed out loud on this one! good job!! I can just imagine it in my head. (along with you running back and forth in the living room w/your new shoes, that one was an LOL for me too!!) :) I sure miss you!!
Kory and I both laughed a lot :) Kory shook his head back and forth and said, "that's good." You are so funny. Good job being crafty, that totally counts.
There never is a good battery when you need one and you do bring joy into my life through your posts.
Post a Comment