This past week has been tough for me. I haven't been able to go to the gym because I was sick, then because the boys were sick. (daycares don't like sick kids).
There were a couple of reasons it was hard on me.
1. Each day starts with feeding the boys breakfast, getting them dressed, then packing them into the car so we can head to the gym. If I don't, my morning is shot. I thrive on the feeling that I have big plans. It drives me. The gym is my jump start people, I need it. Not only is my morning a waste if I don't go, but the rest of the day just follows suit and my big motivator becomes getting a shower, rather than all the other worthwhile things I could do. Without the gym I get on hulu.com and watch "Friday Night Lights" all day.
2. I feel like I'm losing my battle with fat. (Ironically, I lost weight this week... can anyone explain that one?)
3. I have to be around people. I don't care who they are. If "they" is the lady at the front desk, so be it. Most days my friend Ruth goes to the gym too and we talk up a storm. I know it's a weakness to be so dependent on social interactions... but I could have worse problems, right?
Okay, okay... I'm getting to the purpose of my post. Scott (in all his infinite wisdom) recognized that I needed to get out. Saturday morning he told me to call up a friend and find something to do and let him take care of the kids (even though he was sick).
I called up Ruth and we decided to meet up that gym, then go get fitted for running shoes. Ruth ran and I walked (but we were on the treadmills so we could still talk, talk, talk). Just so you know, I only walked because I didn't want to start into a coughing fit that evokes gagging and ugliness.
We hung out in the sauna for a bit, then showered and headed out on the town. We went to this great store called "The Road Runner". IT'S AWESOME! To fit you for your shoes they have you take off your shoes and walk across this little pad thing that connects to a computer. It shows you what kind of an arch you have. Then they have you jog on the treadmill for 30 seconds while a video camera catches what your feet do in motion. That goes to the computer too. You look at it and see just what it is that you need.
Then the guy gets down to business and sells you shoes. Rick was our guy. He did a good job. I got a new pair of shoes! I'm really excited about it. So excited in fact, that last night I was running back and forth across our living room asking Scott how many times across it would take to run a mile. The craziness that poor lad has to endure. He sure knows how to pick 'em. :)
So, I know, this is a super long post about nothing more than a pair of shoes, but I'm really excited. Scott said I looked like a newly engaged girl who keeps looking at her new ring. Let me just say that those shoes make my feet look good.
Moral of the story, if you have a down week, get a new pair of shoes. They are much better than pants because they never make you feel fat.
3 comments:
True that! I've never felt fat in a nice pair of shoes!
haha you are so cute :) Yay for new shoes! BTW the fat battle is all in your head. You look great.
Love you!
Sadester, you never fail to make me smile! I'm glad you got some new shoes. Are there any more half marathons in the near future?
Post a Comment