Scott and I have been very sick these past few days. Scott was hit with the stomach flu and I got a sinus infection accompanied by chills, fever, and nausea. To sum it up, we were both confined to our bed (literally, Scott crawled to get me some meds at one point and barely made it back.) Add two little boys to that... and lets just say it was tough.
When we finally hit our breaking point we made some calls. One friend brought us some crackers and ginger ale AND took Jeff from 4 p.m. until 12:30 a.m. the next day. Some other friends brought us soup and more crackers. Additionally other friends took Jeff again... and I haven't seen him yet.
To top it all of, one of the young men that goes to the same church as us called and asked us if we needed anything from the grocery store. We mentioned needing some rice cereal for Nathan. He wasn't quite sure what to get so he got two different kinds for us. He topped it off with a box of donuts for Jeff.
We have really been blessed by the kindness of those around us. I believe we are surrounded by angels. They may not be the same angels that announced Christ's birth, but they are there still. They are found in the people around us. May we all be angels for those around us and be instruments in Christ's hands.
4 comments:
oh, if I could only email you some warm soup. sorry you're having such a hard time. Its hard when you're both sick. I hope you get feeling better, and because I can't send you any warm soup...I'm sending some really warm love.
Hey you...sorry you haven't been feeling well, and yes we've all been grateful for angels sometimes. Got a chuckle out of the pyro blog :) Regarding your comment on my blog...yes I love that my babies take after their Daddy...the Mexican genes make for lovely contrast to my own pasty whiteness!! :) Katie
I'm SO sorry you guys have been sick! That is such a bummer. I am glad to hear you have such great friends to help take care of you though! Feel better soon. Sure love you!
isn't it great to have such wonderful people to serve you and in their turn, you can serve them...ah the lord's way of getting us all to grow
Post a Comment