I don't know if any of you had an imaginary friend when you were little. I didn't, but I think it would have made things more exciting. I also never talked to my toys like they were real either. I talked for them, but not to them.
The reason I bring all this up is because Jeff has made a new friend in an inanimate object. His new best friend (that he actually talks to) is this little toy vacuum. It talks too... and before you get too weirded out, it is supposed to talk... but the vacuum gets more of a response than I do.
For example: When you stop playing with the vacuum (lets just call him Vince, since he is Jeff's friend and all) he will say one of two things; "Clean you later" or "Bye, bye". Jeff always responds to Vince when he says that with a "Dye" (that's his way of saying "bye"). In fact some times he will predict it and say it seconds ahead of time. I thought it was so cute, and then I decided to try to see if he would respond to me.
Me: Bye Bye Jeff! (In a very enthusiastic, attention-getting tone)
Jeff: Silence - He just stares at me like I some crazy lady he doesn't even know.
Vince the Vacuum: Clean ya later! (In the most cheesy voice imaginable)
Jeff: Immediately responds with a happy, engaging, "Dye"
So, I know I have some stiff competition. I think my son prefers Vince for now, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve... like getting rid of Vince. ;)
All death threats aside, I think that it's pretty cute.
1 comment:
Riley has that same cheesy vacuum cleaner. I am no longer a fan.
Post a Comment