10.01.2008

Three years

Boogy boarding on the Oregon Coast a few weeks before we got engaged


I feel like I have so much to blog about. But, most important things first...

Yesterday Scott and I celebrated our three-year anniversary. My only request for a gift from him was that he write me a love letter. Throughout our courtship we wrote many letters to each other and I grew quite fond of them. I have a little box I keep all of them in. It was through those letters that I finally got over my ENORMOUS (so big I often threw up) fears of getting married. I cherish them. I absolutely love the way my sweetheart writes. It's like poetry.
So yesterday Scott instructed me to drop the boys off at the babysitters house at 6:30 and then drive to the train station to pick him up. When I picked him up he he surprised me with dinner at a restaurant that I have been wanting to go to.
While we were eating our chips and salsa before our meals came, Scott took my hand in his across the table (while I hurriedly ate the chip I was eating and then gave my hand back to him). He looked me in the eyes (and I nervously looked away) and told me he loved me (I smiled awkwardly) and then he pulled the letter out from behind his back. I read my sweet letter and loved it.

Scott can be so romantic and I just kill the moment (not on purpose). The first time he told me he loved me I literally laughed at him. It was a few weeks before I finally told him I loved him. Thankfully, he doesn't hold it against me.

After that we went home, changed our clothes, and went to play tennis. It was so much fun! To finish the night, we went to B&R for some ice cream.
I realize that our celebration for our anniversary may seem pretty lame compared to some things people do. Cruises, going to places with warm weather and nice beaches, or going to a themed hotel. But I have to say, I was perfectly content to spend a nice evening with my best friend and sweetheart without too much fanfare. Maybe I'm simple, but I'm happy.

6 comments:

Reagan Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I am right there with you on simple and just time to spend together with out crying babies and diaper changing...even for just a few hours!

Jess said...

Wow! Sweet! It really has been three years? Seriously time flies. Congratulations and Sadie don't worry, I am just as bad at ruining moments. ;)

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had a great anniversary. It's hard to be romantic sometimes when you just want to laugh...Justin and I both struggle with being serious about romantic things. We usually end up teasing each other or giggling like crazy. I'm glad you guys are so happy together.

Rosanna said...

SADIE!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I finally did what I should have done a long time ago, start my own blog! Now you'll be able to follow me a little bit too, and I can post comments to your messages...
Check my blog out at http://rosanna-usa.blogspot.com/
Love, Rosanna

Jeff & Johanna said...

hey, you guys look like you are having fun. We are excited to see you in utah. email us jeffjojohnson@gmail.com

Kristi said...

I love your blog Sadie! I just got internet in my house and your blog is one of the blogs that I look forward to the most! I loved you post about running, I am in the same boat but I had a baby 9 months ago so I have no excuses. I loved your post about a budget because I am pretty much a Dave Ramsey fanatic and this one mad me so happy to! Basically I think you are pretty great and I like reading your blog. Yep that about covers it!