I called Jeff's orthopedic surgeon (broken arm doctor) this morning and this is the conversation we had.
Me: Hi, my son got his cast wet last night in the tub and I was wondering if we should get it replaced, or something.
Nurse: Well, how wet did it get?
Me: Uhm... so when I lifted his arm up, water poured out of his cast.
Nurse: Uncontrollable laughter, and more laughter... okay, we can see him tomorrow at 9:45.
I have seriously, had the craziest week! I have another story, that I am still hesitant to tell. It's still a little too fresh. Maybe in a few days. It tops all of the dumb things I have done to this point in my life... and that's saying something.
4 comments:
I can assure you that you are not as dumb as you feel or think. You are a wonderful young mom, doing her job and when you have kids there are no straight lines. (I swear I was on a first name basis with poison control when my kids were little)
Um this story your waiting to tell...cant wait to read it! ha ha! Um...maybe that's the lack of sleep talking there. don't leave me hangin. tell tell.
Sorry your week sucks. I've got like 6 hours of sleep total sinse sunday...I hear ya.
Sadie, that made me laugh so hard, don't worry I am sure the nurse has heard worse, and had you been an awful mother she would not have laughed. It is pretty funny, and I am sure I have stories to beat yours as far as dumb things to do. . . and I think that a bed in the tub is a great idea. . . and I bet he thought it was cool too. great moms come up with great ideas that kids love. . . what kid wouldn't want to sleep in the tub, and fun and exciting adventures will at least make them feel better, even if they aren't really better.
haha that made me laugh too. Her reaction was great.
Post a Comment