2.13.2009

Mother of the year

So, this post is to let you know that I am a candidate for "Mother of the year" and I just wanted to let everyone know as well as give them a taste of the day in the life of me so they can vote with a good conscience.

Today, like any good mother I changed my 2 year old's poopy diaper. He wanted a bath since he was half naked so I continued to be a good mother and went in an started the water and added the bubble making stuff too. Because I'm a good mother like that.

...

Later that day I was sitting in my room when I heard my 7 month old, who was playing on the floor in the living room, whine a little bit. Being a good mother, I resisted the urge to jump up and run in a check on him. Instead, I let him have a few moments, so he will be a well adjusted kid when he grows up. After letting him fuss for just a little bit, I went in to check on him.

I found my baby playing in my 2 year old's poopy diaper that I had left on the floor earlier. It wasn't just left there open and gross, it was all wrapped up tightly, but that baby got curious. He had poop on all of his clothes, all over his face, on his pacifier, on his hands, in his mouth... everywhere. I was completely disgusted, not so much by the fact that there was poop all over my baby, but by the fact that I had let my baby get into a poopy diaper.

I promptly gave him a bath, washed out his mouth with soap (even though he didn't say any bad words), and hoped he didn't ingest anything. And then I blogged about it, becuase that is what good mothers do.

Now that my friends, is why you should vote, for Sadie Goddard, as "Mother of the Year!"

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hilarious, Sadester. I can honestly say, I haven't had to deal with that one. Don't blame yourself though!!:o) It happens.

Anonymous said...

Sadie, we've all had "Mother of the Year" moments. My first one (meaning there's been more than one) came when Mollie was only a couple months old and managed to roll herself off the bed and thunked on the floor. Yeah I felt like a moron. I probably even cried. Don't beat yourself up over it. A few years from now, it will be a hilarious story to tell... especially in front of his friends lol.

Ana Lee said...

haha you are a great mother.

Kristen said...

You get my vote for Mother of the Year!