There are some quiet moments in my life, when I start to think about things. I get pretty involved in my thoughts and it's sort of like a conversation I have... with myself. So, here was my conversation last night.Me: How did I get so lucky in the man I married?
Me2: I don't know, but he's pretty much amazing.
Me: You are so right. Have I told you all the things I just love about him?
Me2: I'd love to hear all about it. I kind of like him too.
Me: He is gentle, kind, selfless, thoughtful, clean, smart, funny...
Me2: Oh, don't forget talented, patient, forgiving, fun-loving...
Me: Yeah, he is all that too, and hard working, committed, loyal, and so very good looking.
This conversation continued, but I won't post it all here. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel very, very blessed that Scott is my husband. He makes marriage and family a thing of pure beauty and joy.
1 comment:
That deserves one BiG "Awwwwwwww, how sweet!!!" That picture of the two of you on your wedding day is so cute, too. I have to say that sometimes I sit down and ponder the same thoughts about Spencer and wonder how on earth we ended up together. All I know is that I'm SO GRATEFUL for the guidance of the Spirit as we make big decisions like the one to get married. So much more reliable than any advice you get from people...Spencer and I were laughing the other day as I was trying to wrestle him unsuccessfully. He said, "And your roommates thought I would be the violent one!" haha I do remember Cathleen making a comment about Spencer in that regard, saying he seemed like he would be a violent person, trying to discourage me from dating him. haha! She couldn't have been further from the truth. But I remember at the time taking her thoughts into consideration. So funny how things turn out if we try to just be good and follow the guidance of the Spirit...we end up being "lucky." Sorry, I know that was a weird example!
Post a Comment