3.07.2010

Still working on it

When we were looking into buying the condo, and it looked like things weren't going to work out, my sister (in an effort to make me feel better) said this, "Just think how much time you'll have to do things as a family since you'll be renting and not have to worry about taking care of a house". To which I said, "Jen, it's a tiny 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath condo with a tiny patio area... how much work could it be?"

The answer, A LOT!!!

It seems like we just can't keep up with all the little projects we've got going. Here's the list:

Vinyl tile laid (done)
Baseboards put on
Brick patio laid
Finish inside of storage shed
Build shelves inside storage shed
Install more cabinets in kitchen
Frame in mirror in bathroom
Re-caulk tub
Build raised garden bed

Notice how only one thing is checked off. Yeah, me too. :)

Jen was right, but... we still took a weekend to go camping. Even though we had lots to do here, we just couldn't pass up the good weather and good friends.

And, thankfully, my sweetheart likes to be a handyman. It's a good thing, because this is only the first of many lists. :)

3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Are you still up for camping during Spring break? We won't go camping by ourselves but I might be able to talk Chris into it if we have friends to go with. It sounds like the Hartmans would be interested to. It would be fun to make a big group out of it if you are up for it.

Ana Lee said...

Glad you went camping! Hope you're able to have a lot more fun this summer.

Charis said...

I love working on projects around the house as a family. I think it builds great memmories, I remember doing it with my daddio, so maybe that is why I love doing it now. Craig sometimes has a hard time loving it. But I still love it. Learning to work together will make your family stronger. just remember to involve your boys in any way possible.