9.08.2009
Blast from the past #1
We took the scenic route from Utah to Texas. Our route included Southern Utah/Four Corners area. It was incredible and I wish we had a better camera to show you neat it was.
This is a beautiful view of the are we drove through near the four corners area. We are on top of a very tall platuae looking down on all of these "mini" grand canyons. They didn't look too mini me.
Scott and Jeff, just feet from the edge of this very tall plateau. At about this time I started having a little "mini" panic attack to go along with our "mini" grand canyon. Please note that Scott has a very strong grip on Jeff's hand/arm as per my request. Thanks honey. :)
This is the road we took to get down off the very big plateau to get down into the valley. It is a gravel road that is like a 20% grade. Okay, so I'm not exactly sure what the grade is, but its super steep. We took it nice and slow. The road is so well known (among the locals) it even has a name. It's called the Mokee Dugway. And don't quote me on the the spelling of that. Becuase I know its not right. I just don't have the energy to look it up right now. It it all out of me to learn how to spell plateau.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hilarious commentary. my first thought when i saw the pic of scott and jeff was, "he better have a good hold on that kid!" and then I real your narrative. i guess moms all think alike. :)
You're a crack up, Sadie! The west is so beautiful. Thanks for the awesome pics to remind me!
he he he! it was lots of fun seeing you guys. my brother in law lives in roanoke. . . do you know where that is?
Post a Comment